Sunday 30 September 2012

Paradise Found

Ubud was lovely, very green and much more 'Bali' than the Kuta region. I feel like 'green' doesn't really cover quite how lush and amazing the rice paddies are, but they were very cool. We went to the (thieving) monkey temple where I didn't get rabies (hooray!), palaces, museums (yes, really) and had yet more amazing food.

I also had my first massage. Now, I've heard that Balinese masseurs can have a few personal space issues so I thought I'd just get back and neck. How invasive could that be, right? Very, as it turns out. I felt like I should ask for her number afterwards.

I am now in the gili islands which are quite possibly my favourite place ever. Postcard perfect little islands with a breeze to keep the pesky mozzies in check and well worth the horrific journey here. The 'bus' journey was hot and bumpy, the port was busy and smelled like incense, petrol and chickens so I was feeling pretty horrendous before getting on the bumpiest boat trip in the world. A nice Dutch chap gave me a plastic bag and Dave and Ben mostly mocked me. So the fact that it was not only very pretty, but also quiet and still made me doubly pleased to arrive. I basically chundered everywahhh and had a life realising moment. Just like Fulham.

I did a bit of snorkeling yesterday off the beach and saw a turtle...so promptly booked myself in for a diving course which starts today!

In other news my flip flops already look like the old ones, my feet will probably be grubby for the next 3 months, my hair is enormous and I HAVEN'T SUNBURNED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment